Release 16 EP3 is the third Release 16 enhancement pack and will become generally available on October 31, 2017. OpenText Content Services EP3 continues to build on our product strategy to extend content into the lead applications where content is created and managed, while continuing to provide a digital backbone to meet regulatory and legal obligations.
Here’s a summary of the recent updates:
- OpenText™ Core now features Microsoft® Office 365 integration enabling end users with access and editing of documents seamlessly in O365.
- Automatic creation of Office 365 Groups for new Extended ECM for Microsoft® SharePoint® business workspaces.
- Extended ECM for SAP® Solutions adds improved UI integration capabilities to embed Smart UI in SAP Fiori, SAP Hybris C4C (UI theming).
- Engineering Document Management has been renamed to Extended ECM For Engineering gaining access to the native features of Extended ECM including Connected Workspaces and SAP® Integration. New features include: enhanced external collaboration with sMFT enabled inbound transmittals and automatic validation and background process enabled Bulk Load; easier job completion with Smart UI work process conversion and simplification; more intuitive navigation with enhanced ESRI ArcGIS integration; improved handover, usability, and SAP Plant Maintenance integration. Don’t miss the upcoming OT Live Webinar for more.
- Extended ECM for Government includes Smart UI enhancements, localization, accessibility support, eFile and eCase enhancements, and a new enhanced deletion concept
- SAP® Fiori UI support improves usability of both Vendor Invoice Management (VIM) and Business Center for SAP® Solutions.
- Smart process and machine learning enhance the knowledge engine in OpenText Business Center for SAP® Solutions.
- New integration to Exstream enhances features of Document Presentment without sacrificing any of the flexibility and adding integration capabilities to SAP SuccessFactors / Hybris Commerce / S/4HANA DB and other solutions.
- Digital Asset Management benefits from integration with the latest versions of SAP Hybris Marketing and Commerce engines, including full support for the Fiori user interface.
- Read this blog for more Ecosystem EP3 highlights.
File Intelligence (formerly Kazeon)
- OpenText™ File Intelligence (formerly Kazeon) has completed the transition from virtual appliance to robust file analytics solution. With a new focus on supporting enterprise information governance, File Intelligence enhances its capabilities as a GDPR readiness tool providing enterprises with the ability to quickly and easily find un-managed personal content throughout their network and then act accordingly to adhere to the new privacy law.
- OpenText™ InfoArchive significantly improves pre-ingestion preparation with the addition of a holdings wizard that defines and configures the destination holding for application data and content. In addition an InfoFusion OTIC accelerator is now available for seamless ingestion from transactional databases. Learn more about InfoArchive from this recent webinar – Seven things to know about Application Decommissioning.
- EP3 brings improved web browser and mobile capture functionality to improve user experience and image quality for distributed capture requirements.
- The updated Captiva Cloud Capture Toolkit allows developers to create web capture solutions, connecting remote locations to centralized, high volume, capture environments.
- The latest version of Captiva’s Mobile SDK enables developers to quickly capture enable mobile applications, fully supporting on-device capture capabilities and engaging with customers in Real-time.
- Finally, Capture Center now offers browser-based client access and direct integration to ApplicationXtender.
- OpenText is committed to modernizing OpenText ApplicationXtender to ensure our partners and customers can continue building their business on this platform. With EP3, ApplicationXtender now features a rebuilt, modern user experience through the updated workflow and user interface. Learn about some of the strengths of ApplicationXtender in this recent blog or read this whitepaper.
With capabilities that support Process Productivity, Personal Productivity, and Control, OpenText Content Services are uniquely positioned to provide a foundational platform for digital transformation.
Footnote: Reflecting the market shift away from the term “Enterprise Content Management (ECM)”, with the release of EP3 the group of technologies under the Content pillar will be referred to collectively as “Content Services”. The Content pillar contains product families including Content Suite, Documentum (including Life Sciences & E&E solutions), Extended ECM, InfoArchive, Captiva, Capture Center and ApplicationXtender and other Ecosystem solutions. Refer to this blog for additional information.