At a time when organizations strive for agility to meet ever-evolving market demands, ensuring people are equipped with the right information at the right time to make effective, educated decisions is becoming increasingly challenging. Powerful information strategies require the support of a flexible content services platform that can rapidly meet the needs of the business while ensuring content remains secure. OpenText roadmaps are dedicated to ensuring these needs remain at the forefront.
With the new OpenText™ Content Suite Release 16 EP6 and OpenText™ Extended ECM Release 16 EP6, organizations will benefit from new capabilities that improve productivity, automate governance and simplify user experience by embedding content in business processes. And with increasing demands on IT resources, we’ve further streamlined installation and upgrade for on-premises, cloud or hybrid implementations.
OpenText Extended ECM Platform Release 16 EP6
This new version offers a significant number of enhancements to user features and administration capabilities.
Improved external content sharing and collaboration with OpenText Core for Content Suite and Extended ECM
- Automatic synchronization of events, including reserve, rename and delete actions
- Comprehensive audit log is retained, even if the share is revoked
- Easily remove sharing privileges from external parties, if necessary
Embedded Smart View Perspectives and condensed Header Widget for better usability
New re-designed workspace header improves user experience and makes key information clearer and more streamlined.
- Optimize use of screen real estate with the header widget, especially with lead app integrations
- Key information is now clearer to see for improved user experience, increased adoption and productivity
Simpler integration of Extended ECM Platform with new Rest APIs for easy customization
Easily integrate Content Suite Platform into your key lead business applications with new Extended ECM Platform REST API and SDK.
- Connect content to any lead business applications to accelerate and automate business processes
- Enables customers and partners to use Extended ECM REST API and Widget SDK for customized implementation
- Learn more in the OpenText Content Suite and Extended ECM REST API Documentation
OpenText Content Suite EP6 Release 16.2.8
Whether your deployment is in the cloud or on-premises, Content Suite 16.2.8 continues to reduce the time and cost of keeping Content Suite up-to-date so you can take advantage of new innovations, faster.
Content Server continues to adopt and serve evolving container environments with easier and faster installation
- Support for container deployment for simplified management
- Preserving custom files during upgrades
- More modules are now pre-configured
- Increased configuration scripting coverage
Smart View continues to add enhancements to its intuitive user experience
- New Thumbnail View makes documents and images easy to visually identify for the user on mobile or tablet.
- Zip and Download now available for containers and multi-item operations
- Editing a Perspective can now be done directly in the Smart View for a quick and seamless editing experience
- Quickly and easily review permissions across multiple locations with new Permissions Explorer
Manage the complete Records Management lifecycle in Smart View
- From initiation in an Extended ECM application to management in Content Server, through to defensible dispositioning
- The standard first and second set of reviewers can be assigned to an individual or group in the same way the RM Disposition review process is set up in the Classic view
- Reviewers will receive a disposition review assignment in their Smart View My Assignments widget
- Once the first set of reviewers completes their assignment, the second set of reviewers will receive their assignment
Connected Workspaces fosters collaboration between subject matter experts with new Discussion widget
- Autotype search allows users to directly type and search for previously asked questions
- Dynamic expansion to see the initial question and Chiclets for different questions to organize answers
- Follow all discussions and receive email notifications to follow conversations
Enterprise Connect supports critical business processes, especially those with mandates to save and print
- Print from browsers such as Edge, Firefox and Chrome with the Content Server Web Extensions.
- New Enterprise Connect View provides targeted Explorer Windows that allow users to perform file management including drag and drop emails from Outlook, from the desktop and from within Content Server
- Improved interaction with Microsoft® Office including: added support for editing Content Server document using Microsoft Edge, busy indicator when editing large files, improved handling of Office templates, support for Office 2019
- With Office Online Server, administrators can rely on a complete on-premise solution where no external access to Content Server is required—making this solution is more suitable for customers with strict requirements not to rely on any cloud component
Empower mobile workers to engage in business processes on-the-go
The way people work is evolving and there is a need for mobile access to business content—but only if enterprise security and governance policies are not compromised. Content Server Mobile is now included at no additional charge with the release of Content Suite Platform and Extended ECM Platform 16.2.8. Watch the demo video.
Learn more about new opportunities to drive digital transformation by extending content deeper into business processes and simplifying the way users interact with content.
- Read the latest blogs on Content Suite and Extended ECM.
- Learn more about the value of upgrading, and Upgrade Central offers many resources to support you along the way (My Support log on required).
- For a complete list of new features refer to the and OpenText Content Suite Platform EP6 16.2.8 Release Notes (My Support log on required).