OpenText™ Content Services help connect content to digital business to accelerate productivity, improve governance and drive digital transformation. With solutions ranging from intelligent capture to records management and archiving, OpenText enterprise content services are available on-premises and in private and public clouds.
With the announcement of Release 16 Enhancement Pack 6 (EP6), OpenText brings expanded integrations with lead applications to fuel business processes, advancements in user experience, and new innovations to the Documentum product line.
Let’s take look at what’s new in OpenText™ Content Services Release 16 EP6[slideshare id=154571898&doc=contentservicesep6forslideshare-190701133558-190709230539]
What’s new in OpenText Content Suite EP6 and OpenText Extended ECM Platform EP6
OpenText Content Suite manages the flow of information from capture through archiving and disposition. OpenText Extended ECM builds on OpenText Content Suite to transparently integrate content management to lead applications.
Release 16 EP6 further improves business processes with streamlined installation and upgrade capabilities for cloud or on-premises implementations. Plus, we continue to build on our commitment to simplify the user experience and connect content to your digital business.
Some notable enhancements include:
- Real-time bi-directional synchronization of folders and documents between OpenText Core and Content Suite. Check out the blog and the demo video and get the Core 3-month FREE trial.
- New re-designed workspace header improves user experience and makes key information clearer and more streamlined
- Easily integrate Content Suite Platform into your key lead business applications with new Extended ECM Platform REST API and SDK
- Content Server continues to adopt and serve evolving container environments with easier and faster installation
- New Thumbnail View makes documents and images easy to visually identify for the user on mobile or tablet
- Manage the complete Records Management lifecycle in Smart View
- Connected Workspaces fosters collaboration between subject matter experts with new Discussion widget
Learn more in the EP6 blog for OpenText™ Content Suite and OpenText™ Extended ECM Platform.
What’s new in OpenText Ecosystem EP6
OpenText ecosystem solutions are designed to work with leading applications such as SAP®, Salesforce®, Oracle®, and Microsoft®. The EP6 release continues to enhance the usage of content in the context of relevant business processes. A few highlights:
- The launch of OpenText™ Extended ECM Documentum for SAP® Solutions, allowing Documentum content to be surfaced in SAP, i.e. in the context of the user’s business process
- OpenText also announces Core Capture for SAP® solutions, a multi-tenant solution with machine learning to adapt with every document it processes
- OpenText™ Extended ECM for Salesforce®: Federated search integration enables Salesforce Global Search to find content being stored in Extended ECM
- OpenText™ Extended ECM for Microsoft® Office 365™: Additional integration with Microsoft Teams
- OpenText™ Business Center for SAP®: New capabilities include integration to the new Core Capture solution, as well as improved user interfaces and reporting
- OpenText™ Vendor Invoice Management for SAP®: A new cost assignment application supports complex cost assignment for invoices
- OpenText™ Digital Asset Management for SAP®: Interface has been re-designed to be more modern and intuitive, helping users find and associate assets
- OpenText™ Extended ECM for Engineering: Improved out of the box reporting and visualization capabilities for controlling execution risk, along with new integrations to BI and third-party reporting tools
Learn more in the OpenText Ecosystem EP6 blog.
What’s new in OpenText Documentum EP6
OpenText™ Documentum™ is a content services platform that enables companies to manage their critical content and enhance business processes.
Some notable EP6 enhancements include:
- Extending the use cases supported by Smart View, expanding the opportunity for customers to deploy new or existing D2-based solutions using Smart View
- Content Connect EP6 enables users to work within both Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Word, both online and desktop applications
- Documentum xCP EP6 adds support for both OpenText Magellan BI & Reporting and Documentum Reports so that users and administrators can gain new insights
- Documentum Server now comes with new Docker containers and Kubernetes orchestration that dramatically simplifies and automates deployment to cloud environments
Learn more in the OpenText Documentum EP6 blog.
What’s new in OpenText Intelligent Capture EP6
With EP6, OpenText announces Intelligent Capture which represents a new unified strategy for capture solutions based on the Captiva platform. With development and innovation focused on a single solution, OpenText continues to extend capture capabilities to all types of business applications from basic scanning to advanced recognition – including automating classification and data extraction of incoming documents and data OCR.
Some enhancements in EP6 include:
- Single Click Entry improves the user experience for validating data extraction
- Additional application-level encryption options for data-in-flight and data-at-rest
- A new feature called SnapMatch assists users by finding matching records, putting the information in context, and auto-populating one or many form fields with the rest of the data from that same record
Learn more in the OpenText Intelligent Capture EP6 blog.
What’s new in OpenText eDOCS
OpenText™ eDOCS is a proven enterprise content management solution for legal professionals which provides intuitive ways to manage, secure and quickly access work product.
Some enhancements in EP6 include:
- eDOCS Defense, a new security module, adds document level encryption-at-rest and activity monitoring to detect and proactively monitor for internal threats by providing real-time alerts on unusual activity and locking potential abusers out of the system before it’s too late
- eDOCS InfoCenter is now available as a Microsoft Outlook add-in, enabling users to continue working from within Outlook while they simultaneously work within eDOCS
- InfoCenter now supports eDOCS records management functionality. Users with access to records management can perform all the RM functions right from the InfoCenter user interface.
Learn more in the OpenText eDOCS blog.
What’s new in OpenText InfoArchive EP6
OpenText InfoArchive allows data and content to be archived, managed in accordance with compliance policies, and remain accessible to users.
OpenText InfoArchive EP6 delivers the increased manageability, flexibility and scalability necessary for large-scale archiving and application decommissioning. Some highlights of the release include:
- For on-premises customers, InfoArchive now supports Microsoft® Azure® Blob Storage, adding a new way to bring down storage costs in a hybrid environment
- Installation and upgrades have been streamlined, ingestion management and performance have been improved, and additional options for auditing and reporting have been added
- Further enhancements to InfoArchive Cloud Edition, a fully-managed archiving service allowing customers to rapidly decommission inactive legacy apps while simultaneously simplifying user access into a secure, web-based experience
- Enterprise key management is added using Gemalto SafeNet KeySecure to improve data encryption infrastructure management
Learn more in the OpenText InfoArchive EP6 blog.
Additional resources for OpenText Content Services Release 16
For information on the past four Enhancement Packs for Content Services, visit the following blogs:
- OpenText Content Services 16 EP5
- OpenText Content Services 16 EP4
- OpenText Content Services 16 EP3
- OpenText Ecosystem 16 EP3
- OpenText Content Suite 16 EP2
- OpenText Ecosystem 16 EP2
Visit our website for more information on OpenText Content Services Release 16 EP6.
Learn more about the new features and products included across the OpenText Content Services portfolio:
- What’s new in OpenText™ Content Suite EP6 and OpenText Extended ECM EP6
- What’s new in OpenText Core Collaboration 19.2
- What’s new in Enterprise Applications by OpenText EP6
- Announcing OpenText Core Capture for SAP Solutions
- Announcing Extended ECM Documentum for SAP Solutions
- What’s new in OpenText Documentum EP6
- Introducing OpenText Capital Projects 19.2
- What’s new in OpenText xECM for Engineering EP6
- What’s new In OpenText Documentum for Asset Operations EP6
- What’s new in OpenText InfoArchive EP6
- Introducing OpenText Intelligent Capture
- What’s new in OpenText Intelligent Capture
- Introducing OpenText Core Capture and Core Capture Services
- What’s new in OpenText eDOCS 16.5
- What’s new in OpenText Documentum for Life Sciences EP6