Challenge: Your organization has many teams, departments and lines of business interacting throughout business processes—from the production of marketing assets to HR activities to legal and regulatory actions. And the shift to digital processes and information flows means more can be accomplished, but it also eliminates paper trails and physical reminders sitting on desks. Project managers and participants can get overwhelmed tracking overall progress and due dates of personal deliverables. Email and personal memory are not effective project management tools!
Solution: Leverage the power and reach of your ECM system by introducing the automated “Reminders” feature in OpenText™ Connected Workspaces. It’s a key step in transforming your ECM platform from a storage-only repository to an integrated information backbone that connects people and enables teams to collaborate more effectively.
Of the many powerful features in OpenText Connected Workspaces, Reminders helps teams ensure tasks are actioned and can be crossed off to-do lists. Reminders helps users:
- Shorten the feedback loop by flagging items for follow-up at a future date. Reminders can be set for a single, one-time-only instance or can be used to create a series of notifications for activities such as annual contract reviews.
- Set it and forget it! Let your system automatically send Reminders instead of relying on users. Using Connected Workspaces Reminders automatically notifies people or groups about task due dates, sending assignees both an email and an assignment visible in Smart UI. These Reminders can be set to arrive in advance of the due date so users can be more proactive about follow-up.
- Streamline overall business processes by setting up a long-term Reminder schedule. Many business processes run in cycles of several months or even years. To ensure both today and next year’s deadlines are met, a long-term Reminder can be set. For example, when setting up a contract, Reminders can be added to ensure terms and conditions are met in a timely manner, the contract is set for review prior to expiry, etc. Set a milestone Reminder for months or years down the road and the system will automatically activate the Reminder and send the notification.
- Improve team performance by creating assignments. For tracking purposes, when a Reminder triggers a notification, the recipient can mark the assignment as in progress, indicating the work as already started, or the assignment can be flagged as complete.
- Provide visibility and escalation to appropriate roles in case of missed due date. For Reminders not completed by the due date, there is an option to set an escalation assignment to generate further action. A supervisor or another team member can be notified that attention is required at a specific step.
- See a Connected Workspaces demonstration by registering for our October 16 webinar: How to map business processes with OpenText Connected Workspaces
- Then learn how to take the workspace concept to the next level in our October 30 webinar, Extend Enterprise Content Management into lead business apps
- Read this educational blog on how Content Services are changing ECM
- Learn more about OpenText Content Suite Release 16 and EP4