There are three action verbs I like to use when talking about the benefits of OpenText™ Release 16 Enhancement Pack 3 (EP3): drive, extend, and empower.
EP3 builds on the solid foundation of OpenText Release 16, launched in April of 2016, and the subsequent Enhancement Packs, EP1 and EP2. That Enterprise Information Management (EIM) foundation gives organizations an essential, comprehensive view into how information flows through a digital enterprise.
By incorporating technology from the recent Covisint and Guidance Software acquisitions, EP3 goes even further to help OpenText customers embrace digital transformation. It offers more automation through the enablement of IoT platforms and solutions, and empowers enterprises with new ways of collecting, managing, and securing critical information assets. It also features deeper integration across our portfolio and our customers’ ecosystems, helping improve information flow both inside and outside the enterprise.
How exactly does EP3 achieve this? Let’s get back to those action verbs.
EP3 drives engagement to insight
This release helps expand the flow of information across digital enterprises by:
- implementing single sign-on for OpenText™ Media Management, OpenText™ Exstream, and OpenText™ Experience Analytics, and setting the foundation for future integrations with other OpenText applications. (Experience)
- deepening automation through the enablement of IoT platforms and solutions for trusted information sharing and interactions, and leveraging Covisint’s identity and access management platform for enhanced, secure trading partner collaboration. (Business Network)
- providing enhanced GDPR readiness with the introduction of OpenText™ File Intelligence, which lets customers easily identify unmanaged personal content throughout their network and act accordingly to adhere to new privacy laws. (Content)
- offering 360-degree visibility across endpoints, devices, and networks to enable discreet, forensically sound data collection and investigation, as well as proactive threat detection and remediation. (Discovery)
EP3 extends the ecosystem
This release helps our customers benefit from greater collaboration and integration, both internally and externally, by:
- extending the reach of OpenText™ Experience Suite with applications in the Microsoft® Azure® cloud and contact center integrations to Amazon Connect. (Experience)
- also extending the reach of OpenText™ Content Suite with deeper Microsoft Office 365™ integration and expanded SAP® Fiori® UI support, and integrating OpenText™ Document Presentment with OpenText™ Exstream, SAP SuccessFactors®, SAP Hybris Commerce®, SAP S/4HANA®, and others. (Content)
- expanding integration capabilities of OpenText™ Process Suite with enterprise information systems and database frameworks, allowing information to be truly brought together and acted on without needing to move it from its host system, therefore breaking down the barrier of siloed information. (Process)
EP3 empowers end users
End-user productivity and empowerment continue to be a key focus for Release 16 and our enhancement packs. EP3 enables organizations achieve this by:
- helping business users rapidly deploy microsites, modify and publish personalized content, and — with the new OpenText™ Media Management Digital Hub — automate media syndication. (Experience)
- offering more B2B self-service capabilities to improve user control and flexibility. (Business Network)
- introducing OpenText™ RightFax Managed Services, which augments OpenText’s enterprise fax technology with implementation services that free customers to focus on their business. (Business Network)
- enabling richer, faster, and more complex application creation, thanks to advancements in low-code development. (Process)
- including modern user interface enhancements and enabling OpenText™ Core and Content Suite users to edit documents seamlessly in Microsoft Office 365. (Content)
- significantly increasing ease of ingestion and the creation of data and content in OpenText™ InfoArchive. (Content)
- introducing a new mobility app – InfoCenter Mobile – that gives customers access to the OpenText™ eDOCS library anytime, from anywhere. (Content)
- improving the usability and accessibility of search, review, and analysis. (Discovery)
Drive, extend, and empower. In this digital age, I can’t imagine an enterprise out there today that couldn’t benefit from these capabilities. What benefits could your organization gain by putting these action verbs to work?
To learn more about EP3 visit www.opentext.com/16.