OpenText and SAP—Structuring the Unstructured for Competitive Advantage

Last week I had the privilege of delivering a keynote at SAP’s annual Sapphire Now conference. For more than two decades now, SAP and OpenText…

Mark J. Barrenechea profile picture
Mark J. Barrenechea

June 16, 20142 minute read

Last week I had the privilege of delivering a keynote at SAP’s annual Sapphire Now conference.

For more than two decades now, SAP and OpenText have teamed up to help our customers maximize the potential of their information. Our partnership is symbiotic and forward-looking. As the world around us shifts to digital, the combined value we deliver grows exponentially.

In our 2020 Agenda we outline how managing information effectively is a requirement for digital transformation. The ability to structure the unstructured information in the enterprise is part of this evolution—and a key capability that the OpenText and SAP ecosystem delivers.

Only 20% of enterprise information exists inside an ERP system. The other 80%, the unstructured information, resides on servers inside the organization or in the cloud. Bringing this information together—connecting business suites with information suites—is a unifying force that produces a powerful foundation for innovation and opportunity.

During my keynote, I showcased the amazing accomplishments of telco giant T-Mobile. Kari Escobedo, Vice President of IT Development at T-Mobile USA was on hand at the event to describe how the company has re-invented itself as the “uncarrier” and, in the process,
revolutionized the industry. By replacing heavy-handed contracts and policies with engaging customer experiences, they have deepened customer loyalty and grown their market share to become the fastest growing wireless carrier in the United States. Central to their “uncarrier” strategy is turning customer information into customer insight and satisfaction. Watch the video of my presentation to hear the T-Mobile story and discover how information was pivotal to their business transformation.

As the year 2020 approaches, one thing is certain: information will be ubiquitous and it will be the key to success. By connecting,
controlling, and harnessing value from your structured and unstructured information, you can join the likes of T-Mobile, embrace the digital age, and lead your organization to success.

I also invite you to read our 2020 Agenda for more details on how EIM is the transformative technology of the future.

Share this post

Share this post to x. Share to linkedin. Mail to
Mark J. Barrenechea avatar image

Mark J. Barrenechea

Mark J. Barrenechea joined OpenText as President and Chief Executive Officer in January 2012, and also serves as a member of the Board of Directors. In January 2016, Mark took on the role of Chief Technology Officer and was appointed Vice Chair in September 2017.

See all posts

More from the author

OpenText Committed to Climate Innovation

OpenText Committed to Climate Innovation

As I return home from OpenText World Europe, I am feeling invigorated by the powerful conversations that occurred throughout the week. I am also feeling…

5 minute read

The Future Needs You Today: A Conversation on AI & Decolonization with Karen Palmer

The Future Needs You Today: A Conversation on AI & Decolonization with Karen Palmer

AI is bringing us into a new epoch of human society—it is a force multiplier for human potential. OpenText is about Information Management + Data…

8 minute read

OpenText World 2023—Welcome to the AI Revolution

OpenText World 2023—Welcome to the AI Revolution

Welcome to the AI Revolution. AI is not just a technology, it is a new ontology—for creativity, data, trust. No business or individual will be…

6 minute read

Stay in the loop!

Get our most popular content delivered monthly to your inbox.