The OpenText™ team has spent the last year enriching the OpenText eDOCS user experience ꟷ giving users more choice and more flexibility in how they work. We’ve launched a new dashboard interface called eDOCS InfoCenter and a new mobile app ꟷ so users can work when and how they want ꟷ delivering better, faster service to their clients.
With version 16.4 launch of OpenText Document Management, eDOCS Edition, we’ve shifted our focus to the Document Management (DM) Administrator ꟷ providing tools for increased productivity and better decisions. Specifically, we’ve added a new Analytics tab to the eDOCS Management Studio, providing a standard set of reports with the following information:
- Library usage – when the eDOCS library is used (number of active users; time-of-day usage)
- User activity – which users are actively engaged (group, location) and what they are doing (viewing, editing, etc.)
- Library contents – the current makeup of the eDOCS library (breakdown by file type, document type/classification)
By understanding what’s inside your eDOCS library, how your users are engaging with it, and when they are active, you can make decisions to manage your work environment better. For example:
- Looking to optimize your infrastructure? Identify groups of users and peak usage by location to ensure they have adequate bandwidth
- Rolling out a new feature? Looking for user feedback? Identify your top users and get their opinion
- Looking to reduce content classifications? Identify those that are not frequently used
The list goes on, but you get the gist. There’s a lot you can do once you have the tools and the insights you need. And now you do!
The new reports provided in eDOCS are powered by OpenText Information Hub, a highly-scalable analytics and data visualization platform. With this release, eDOCS DM customers receive a limited-use iHub license as part of their annual maintenance, so administrators can create their own dashboards and explore their eDOCS data even further.