Challenge: Your organization has many users involved in the lifecycle management of important information assets–from knowledge workers to legal associates to system administrators and, yes, Records Managers. You want all to follow the Records Management (RM) protocols laid out in your governance policies, but acting on those has often meant engaging in non-intuitive steps that are laborious and distracting. Adoption suffers, leading to increased compliance risk.
Solution: Go visual. Users will adopt—and adhere to—working in step with governance policies if their information governance (IG) tools are:
- Easy to use, following the KISS principle
- Quick to surface relevant information
- Visually appealing (did you know that visuals are processed up to 60,000x faster than text?)
In this blog, we’ll show you (see the product demonstration video below) how easy it is for organizations to set up new visualization capabilities to enhance RM best practices.
Empower users with visual clues and reports
A key component of OpenText™ Content Suite, OpenText™ Records Management (RM) is made up of four modules: OpenText™ Classifications, OpenText Records Management, OpenText™ Physical Objects and OpenText™ Security Clearance. Together, they empower everyone in your organization to optimize the management of important information assets using simple, easy-to-adopt practices.
One of these methods, new to OpenText RM with the release of EP4, is extending the Smart View to provide visual cues for:
- Records detail
- Official records and holds
- Applying and removing holds and cross-references
- Requesting and tracking borrowed physical items
- Information governance status reports
Controlling the complete lifecycle of all enterprise information—from creation, sharing and protection to disposition—supported by visual indicators not only ensures regulatory compliance and reduces risks associated with audit and litigation, but also maximizes the value of the information to your business.
Watch this demo video of Records Management using Smart View (starts at 6:37 point) and see how easy it is to set up a custom landing page for a Records Manager.
- Register for the next OTLive webinar, How to successfully set up and simplify your OpenText Records Management environment, September 11, 2018
- Read this success story and learn how Sprint Nextel took control of their RM with Open Text
- Learn more about OpenText Content Suite Release 16 and EP4
- See this blog and discover the new generation of Content Services