We’re pleased to announce OpenText™ eDOCS DM 16.2 is now available! eDOCS DM provides a secure, centralized repository for managing your firm’s collective work product—all the various pieces of information related to a client, project, or matter. In addition, it offers a user experience that is flexible, intuitive, and “works the way you do.”
eDOCS customers have operations that are centered around their work product. They require fast, easy ways to save, find, collaborate, and work with it. This 16.2 release introduces key capabilities to make the eDOCS work environment even more flexible—to deliver greater user and process productivity.
Here are the top 3 highlights of this release:
- InfoCenter is a modern desktop interface that is easy to customize
- eDOCS Search+ enables a single search of the Outlook mailbox and eDOCS libraries from the Outlook ribbon
- A RESTful API enables eDOCS data to be easily leveraged by external applications
With this release, we’re adding InfoCenter to our arsenal of DM interfaces, giving users more choice and more flexibility in how they work. With InfoCenter, users can select and surface content in the form of ‘tiles’—so important or frequently used information is just a click away. The interface is highly configurable and easily customized to user preferences.
- Easily add or delete tiles, drag and drop to move and re-order them
- Quickly access saved searches, recently edited documents, workspaces, or FlexFolders by surfacing them as tiles
- Open and access tile content with a single click. Once selected, content will launch in the authoring application
- Access refined search capabilities using metadata to expand or narrow search results
- Streamline the deployment of software updates
In the past, users searching for content would perform separate searches of email and content in the eDOCS library. With eDOCS Search+ they can perform a single search of the Outlook mailbox and eDOCS library from the Outlook ribbon—making it faster and more efficient to locate work product.
A new RESTful API gives developers another option for accessing and leveraging eDOCS DM data. In addition, this API will be the foundation for a future eDOCS mobile client and Office 365 online apps.
Want to Learn More?