Successful enterprises are both intelligent and connected. They collect information from as many sources as possible in every format imaginable and analyze it to drive decision making; that’s intelligent. They enable people, devices and processes to share that information and insight across the organization and with their partners, suppliers and customers; that’s connected.
At OpenText™, we are laser focused on helping enterprises become intelligent and connected. It’s more important than ever in large, complex organizations, where information is created at alarming rates, where compliance is an absolute must, and there is a constant threat of hacks and breaches. In other words, being an intelligent and connected enterprise has become a competitive advantage.
To make our customers successful and keep them successful, OpenText is launching three important initiatives today: OpenText Release 16 Enhancement Pack 5 (EP5), a suite of new applications for the OpenText next-generation cloud platform, OT2, and OpenText Business Network Cloud 16.10. These transformational technologies provide the base for a sustainable, yet flexible, information-intensive business.
OpenText Release 16 EP5
The most recent update to OpenText Release 16 features innovations across our EIM platforms to drive user adoption, enable deeper insights and connect people and processes — all in a secure and flexible deployment environment. Some highlights:
- Artificial intelligence improvements – EP5 improves the machine-learning power of our Magellan AI platform with Apache Spark™ and text mining capabilities. It includes predictive research capabilities in our Discovery solutions and adds AI-powered rich media analytics to our Experience solutions. And our Content Services offerings now feature Information Extraction Services, an intelligent capture service, for SAP® solutions.
- More integrations – In EP5, Magellan Text Mining is integrated with Workforce Engagement Management for enhanced sentiment analysis. The OpenText iHub is integrated with EnCase Endpoint Security so enterprises can build threat-hunting dashboards and other visualizations. There’s also tighter integration between AppWorks and the Documentum content repository; support for Extended ECM within the People Center and Contract Center applications; and support for new rich-media uses cases in the SAP Digital Asset Management integration with the Extended ECM platform.
- Better user experiences – EP5 enables a richer experience with enhanced developer controls in AppWorks and features a completely re-designed employee self-service experience in People Center. Content Services now include the ability to use Extended ECM with Content Server Mobile, so users can interact with workspaces via phone, and a new Smart View UI for Documentum D2. For Magellan, a unified dashboard combines web crawlers’ UIs to simplify content mining, while a deeply integrated collaborative workflow in Media Management helps empower creative teams.
- Cloud optimization – With EP5 we are announcing a partnership with Google® to optimize OpenText solutions for the Google Cloud. This Google partnership is evidence of our commitment to offer our solutions “anywhere” on popular hyper-scale cloud partner infrastructures, which will also include Microsoft® Azure and Amazon® AWS. Further cloud support in EP5 includes the new InfoArchive Cloud Edition, and the integration of Extended ECM for SAP® with SAP S/4HANA Public Cloud. We have also launched Qfiniti for Amazon Connect that can be purchased as a managed service in AWS Marketplace. And Extended ECM Public Cloud Edition delivers document and information management for SuccessFactors in an easy to buy, easy to adopt SaaS application.
- Enhanced security – EP5 adds Identity Access Management to our portfolio, providing secure access to information across the extended enterprise. We’ve also included OpenText EnCase Advanced Detection for agentless, cloud-based, multi-disciplined threat detection, as well as OpenText eDOCS Defense for detection of internal security breaches. Additionally, EnCase EndPoint Security and Logical Imaging enable continuous monitoring and detection capabilities. In Content Services, enhanced security of Captiva and captured data sets support a wider set of deployment options while modernized Records Management enhances information governance, cloud readiness and security.
We believe that intelligent and connected enterprises are built on platforms. OpenText OT2 is our flexible, hybrid platform for EIM services and application development that helps you manage information and develop and deploy SaaS applications. OT2 applications benefit from common services delivered by the OT2 platform, such as storage, security and data models.
Today we are announcing new applications for OT2:
- OpenText Legal Center, which extends the capabilities of OpenText eDOCS to enable the management of complex and information-intensive workflows for the legal profession
- OpenText Quality, adding quality management for the highly-regulated life sciences sector, enhancing the value of existing OpenText Documentum investments
- Extended ECM for SuccessFactors, Cloud Edition, the latest collaboration between SAP and OpenText that delivers secure content management solutions for SAP’s popular talent management platform
OpenText Business Network Cloud 16.10
OpenText™ Business Network is a cloud platform that facilitates efficient, secure and compliant collaboration across digital ecosystems of people, systems and things. In Business Network Cloud 16.10, enhanced predictive analytics and e-Invoice compliance optimize supply chain performance, mitigate risk, and drive regulatory compliance. New self-service features include the ability to self-provision connections and integrations to trading partners if they are already on the OpenText network. This release also makes it easier to connect any trading partner regardless of their technical capabilities with S/FTP direct-connect outsourcing and the new Core™ for Trading Grid™ offering that lets small trading partners post documents for consumption by their customers.
We believe these innovations create a solid base to build your successful business upon. Register for our webinar to learn more about how OpenText can help your transformation into an intelligent and connected enterprise.