To be a top sales performer, it’s essential that you have the right combination of skills:
- You need to be a strong relationship-builder – able to quickly build rapport with prospective clients.
- You need to have persuasive communications abilities – to articulately reveal the value proposition of the specific solution your customer will benefit from.
- You need to be empathetic and have the ability to see things from your customer’s perspective – to appeal most effectively to your target group, spot problems, and identify appropriate solutions.
However, all of these fundamental skills are heightened when supporting a stable and proven solution from a name that customers already trust – like OpenText’s extensive suite of solutions recognized by Gartner and Forrester as market leading in multiple areas:
Why does selling a well-established and forward-thinking product set enhance your ability to excel in Sales?
When you believe in the products you’re selling, it shines through. Your enthusiasm and commitment to why your customer needs your product will come across as authentic. And authenticity and transparency sell. Buying committees want to partner with sales people who they perceive as trusted advisors, helping them to advance their business objectives.
At OpenText, our Sales team steps into this role – advising companies on how best to approach the massive digitization requirements of our current era. Our solutions are particularly well suited to place our Account Executives, Solutions Consultants, and other Sales professionals in a position where they can step into this authentic advisory role.
With more than 300 products, Sales professionals can offer their clients customized solutions. Our products also make a big impact for customers by helping them to increase efficiencies, modernize their processes, and enhance insights to improve business decisions.
With more than 100,000+ organizations as customers, including 90% of Fortune 500 companies, our solutions are also well established in many sectors and regions.
On top of the Gartner Magic Quadrant and Forrester wave results, we’ve won a number of other recent product awards and accolades across the spectrum of our product suites:
- OpenText Business Networks Suite is one of SpendMatters 50 Providers to Know for 2017
- Ranked #1 in Embedded Business Intelligence Vendor Ratings by Dresner Advisory Services
- Workforce Optimization Provider of the Year for 2017 at the CCW Excellence Awards
- Our Digital Asset Management solutions won the CoDIE Award for 2016
- 18 of 23 ‘Supply Chains to Admire™’ in 2017 – named by Supply Chain Insights – use OpenText Business Network solutions
You can find out more about our global Sales teams’ various areas of focus by visiting our Sales Careers page.
1 The Forrester Wave™ is copyrighted by Forrester Research, Inc. Forrester and Forrester Wave™ are trademarks of Forrester Research, Inc. The Forrester Wave™ is a graphical representation of Forrester’s call on a market and is plotted using a detailed spreadsheet with exposed scores, weightings, and comments. Forrester does not endorse any vendor, product, or service depicted in the Forrester Wave. Information is based on best available resources. Opinions reflect judgment at the time and are subject to change.
2 This graphic was published by Gartner, Inc. as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The Gartner document is available upon request from OpenText. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.