Today is a very exciting day as we are launching OpenText Tempo.
This launch represents true innovation for OpenText. This innovation required a great deal of teamwork that virtually brought together people located across the world, from India to Ottawa, to coordinate the development of our first EIM application that provides integration between various key product areas.
Tempo creates a seamless application that brings together Tempo Social, Tempo Note, and Tempo Box, all integrated with Content Server. It also delivers new integrations with our Web Experience Management, Web Site Management, and Portal applications.
There are a lot of firsts with the launch of OpenText Tempo!
- Integration with Tempo Box (file sync and share)
- Integration with Content Server (Enterprise Content Management)
- Integration with OTDS (Directory Services for Authentication)
- Integration with AppWorks (an Application Gateway to build, deploy, and manage apps)
- The development of Tempo Note (a note-taking application now available in Tempo Box)
- A shiny new Mobile application (available now on iTunes here)
- Adoption of the new common UX Standards (consistent look and feel across Tempo
- A tool to Social-enable an existing Portal site (Social Intranet Capabilities)
As the saying goes, it takes a village – and this is particularly applicable to this launch, as is the power of teamwork and collaboration. There were many teams involved in the development of Tempo, made up of 70-plus employees. These teams included employees from Development, QA, Pubs, UX, Architects marketing and several business managers. We had a lot of teams working together (using the Tempo application, of course) for the first time as we brought together various product divisions like Portal, WEM, AppWorks,
Customer Experience Management, and our Content Suite.
We are very proud of our accomplishments and even more excited to be able to deliver to our customers the ability to create a better way to work! OpenText Tempo provides an engaging user experience that combines the convenience of secure file sync and share with social collaboration and seamless integration to Content Server.
It connects people with each other and with their content in a secure,
compliant environment that enables open dialogues to take place,
extending the value of content through the process of collaboration.
Coming together is a beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
– Henry Ford
Learn more about OpenText Tempo here.