Embracing digital transformation will not typically be a step function or a sea-change for most organizations. It is an evolution—a path of measured steps.
To make digital transformation meaningful and digestible for your organization, focus on your digital maturity. Where are you today, and where do you need to be in one, three, or five years? Benchmark internally, to industry peers and leaders.
Research from SCM World (now Gartner) provides a model to benchmark current maturity relative to industry peers, and it outlines a roadmap of steps others have taken in their journey to digital supply chain maturity.
Research from IDC outlines the business benefits of digital maturity in the supply chain, where “leaders” compare to “laggards” with:
- 156% Faster invoice processing
- 89% More responsive to unforeseen events
- 48% Improvement in customer order delivery time
- 35% Faster inventory turns
- 22% Reduction in cash conversion time
- 16% Increase in successful product launches
- 3% Improvement in perfect order rate
If digital transformation is an evolution of maturity, consider the importance of having your digital information backbone—connectivity, exchange, and integration—mature with you. Solutions to today’s immediate needs may not get you where you need to be to thrive in the future.
OpenText™ Business Network 16 EP2 introduces several enhancements that help organizations mature their digital supply chain and secure information exchange—all built on the core foundation of digitizing the exchange of structured and unstructured content with your trading partners and customers.
- Gain deep supply chain insights. Mature beyond information exchange to providing advanced analytics on business transactions. EP2 extends OpenText™ Trading Grid Analytics and data blending capabilities to all OpenText Messaging customers. EP2 also provides extended support for Automotive, High-Tech and global Retail industry standards.
- Optimize unstructured data exchange. Move beyond send and receive fax reports to analytics that help optimize business processes. EP2 introduces Analytics for OpenText Notifications and OpenText™ Fax2Mail in the cloud, as well as OpenText™ RightFax Analytics for on-premises users.
- Manage orders anywhere, anytime. Consider evolving customer responsiveness with new mobile support for OpenText™ Active Orders, enabling users to review, accept, or reject orders on the go.
- Manage non-events to reduce risk. Mature operational efficiency and agility with advanced supply chain event management. A new Business Event Notification service in Business Network 16 EP2 empowers users to create real-time alerts of events and non-events (e.g., it’s Monday 9:30 a.m. and I haven’t received my typical 9 a.m. order from Acme Corp.) to quickly identify issues and improve responsiveness—all from within primary business applications such as SAP
- Expand digitization to the entire ecosystem. Expand digital transactions from larger trading partners to those still using paper and email attachments. EP2 extends data quality and automation by auto-provisioning non-EDI partners who still email PDF invoices
- Integrate complex business processes. With the integration of OpenText™ Process Suite into the Business Network, EP2 enables organizations to digitize and integrate complex and unique business processes—evolving beyond automation of simple linear information flows
See these and other Business Network EP2 solutions in action at Enterprise World 2017, July 10-13 in Toronto.