Last week, the Chicago Cubs ended a 108-year MLB championship drought by winning one of the most exciting games in the long history of baseball. Both teams put on an inspiring display of perseverance, skill and clutch opportunism. I—along with many of you, I’m sure—was happy to stay up late to catch the whole thing.
After the game, Cubs catcher David Ross—who had just played his final professional baseball game—described his teammates as “a group of resilient winners” who “never quit”, and expressed sincere pride in the fact that his team had utilized every member of their team to win it all.
We have the same drive for greatness at OpenText. Over the past 25 years, we have grown our business through the acquisition of winning ideas, talent and solutions, and through the development of innovative technologies. Born as a university start-up, we are now a world-leader in Enterprise Information Management (EIM) solutions with no intention of slowing down.
As Mr. Ross explained, it takes a team to succeed. That’s why earlier this week we invited many of you—our customers—to complete a short survey and let us know how we can better help you meet and exceed your business goals. In my last blog I wrote about the importance of knowing customers on an individual level in order to serve them better.
Our annual survey helps us better understand you and your needs. It gives you the opportunity to tell us what we’re doing well—and what we can do better—as your EIM solution provider, technical leader and trusted partner. Roughly half of you received the survey this week; the other half were given the opportunity to provide feedback in the spring.
From the feedback, we have already identified five primary objectives that we will obsess over in the coming months:
- Improve product quality by better understanding customer expectations, beta-testing products and focusing development resources on high-impact features and functionality
- Shorten Customer Support ticket resolution times and improve technician communication while continuing to value complete, successful outcomes over quick, short-term fixes
- Build a stronger partnership with customers by allowing you greater visibility into product development, helping the business better understand your needs
- Make the Sales process easier and more efficient by improving customer communication and ensuring large or complex accounts have the resources and visibility they need to be successful
- Deliver Professional Services engagements on time and on budget by setting firm expectations upfront, holding regular update meetings, and collecting/evaluating feedback following each engagement to determine what went well and what needs to be improved
Additionally, we have begun to make significant improvements to OpenText My Support thanks to our recent upgrade of the Knowledge Center (KC) to OpenText™ Content Server 16. This upgrade allows us to utilize API widgets and HTML5 wizardry to present a far more personalized online support experience to you. You will already see some of this functionality reflected on the KC homepage, in product search menus and in the redesigned Knowledge Base. You can also learn more about Release 16 here.
At OpenText, we’re never satisfied. We’re constantly looking for new ways to help you succeed—it’s up to you to decide the direction we take our EIM solutions, and to help us develop a phenomenal customer experience.
Check your inbox to see if you’ve received our survey. If you have, we would greatly appreciate you taking 3-5 minutes to provide your feedback. If you didn’t get the survey but have feedback you want to share, our Customer Experience team is always listening. Email them at email@example.com.