On Tuesday, June 14, I had the pleasure of participating on the panel of an online IQPC Technology Roundtable with two other distinguished vendors. Brian Cantor, the moderator, asked each of us to share our insights and expertise with the audience of over 100 attendees regarding the current state of contact center technology.
Over the course of the 30-minute discussion, we covered a number of topics, including:
- The current state of today’s quickly evolving contact center
- The role of technology in supporting this evolution
- Opportunities for using emerging technology to manage rapid change
- How contact center professionals can ensure success
Great information, and great advice, was provided throughout the discussion. There was one topic, however, that did not get covered due to time, and I would like to address this in my blog today.
Technology is great, but the results will not be maximized unless the business properly updates operations. What are some best practices businesses can adopt to make the most of their technology investments?
- Establish a cross-functional steering committee with individuals from operations and IT who meet on a regular basis to share how technology is or is not solving their business challenges
- Engage with your vendor (who should truly be a partner) in quarterly business reviews. As a true partner, the vendor should clearly understand the goals and objectives of your organization in addition to sharing their expertise, product roadmap and strategy
- Evangelize process and technology successes (small and big wins) by proactively communicating progress throughout the contact center and the broader enterprise
- Ensure increased user adoption of technology by leveraging internal power users and other colleagues and peers through customer forums and vendor/partner communities
I would like to extend my sincere thanks to IQPC, and especially Brian Cantor, for facilitating this roundtable.
My OpenText WFO Software colleagues and I very much look forward to seeing you on June 27-July 1 at IQPC Call Center Week at the Mirage in Las Vegas, NV. Please stop by booth #1017 for a craft coffee and engaging conversations with other OpenText™ Qfiniti and OpenText™ Explore experts.
Until next time…