I’m pleased to announce that the third edition of Integrating and Extending BIRT, companion volume to BIRT: A Field Guide is at last available!
From the Product Description:
Integrating and Extending BIRT, Third Edition, introduces programmers to BIRT architecture and the reporting framework. BIRT technology makes it possible for programmers to build customized reports using scripting and BIRT APIs. This book also includes extensive examples of how to use the Eclipse Plug-in Development Environment to build plug-ins to extend the features of the BIRT framework. The source code for these examples is available for download.
This book has been updated with the latest material from BIRT 3.7.
Integrating and Extending BIRT, Third Edition includes these key features:
- Installing and deploying BIRT
- Deploying a BIRT report to an application server
- Understanding BIRT architecture
- Scripting in a BIRT report design
- Integrating BIRT functionality into applications
- Working with the BIRT extension framework
This revised and expanded third edition also features the following new content:
- Updated architectural diagrams
- Expanded scripting examples
- Debugging event handlers
- Developing an advanced report item with data binding
- Developing a data extraction extension
- Developing a charting extension
The authors, Jason Weathersby, Tom Bondur and Iana Chatalbasheva are all members of the extended BIRT development team.
The book can be purchased through most major booksellers including Amazon, Barnes and Noble and InformIT.
Readers may be interested in this book?s companion volume. BIRT: A Field Guide, Third Edition, the authoritative guide to using BIRT Report Designer, the graphical tool that enables users of all levels to build reports, from simple to complex, without programming.
InformIT is offering a discount for either or both 3rd Edition BIRT Books. See the Special Promotional Discount for more information.