The 2012 Olympics have been filled with excitement. MichaelPhelps became the most decorated Olympian of all time. Britain’s BradleyWiggins became the first cyclist to win both the Tour de France and a goldmedal at the Olympics in the same summer. Jamaican Usain Bolt wonthe gold medal in the 100 meters, this time in an Olympic record of 9.63seconds, (he also boasts the coveted double-triple by winning the 200 meters andthe 4×100 relay). The U.S. women’s soccer and gymnastics teams both took homethe gold. Great success stories.
While not as widely televised, the information technology community buzzedlast month when EasyLink wasacquired by OpenText Corporation. The combined strength of two marketleaders in electronic information exchange is as exciting to us as Olympicgold.
Much like Olympians need to pursue the commitment involved to master theirsports and achieve success, IT departments need to pursue the best strategies todrive successful achievement of business and operational objectives. For IT,this includes fax communications, and evaluating the potential for a cloud-based or “on demand” fax solution to achieve winningprocess optimization.
So…is faxing in the cloud right for your organization?
- Is your cost for fax infrastructure and services going to exceed yourbudget?
- Are you experiencing scalability issues and undelivered faxes duringunpredictable spikes in transmissions?
- Do you need to free up IT staffers for business-critical initiatives?
- Do you have a large bank of standalone fax machines where confidentialinformation may lay around exposed to unintended recipients?
- Do you need to extract data from your faxes and other inbound documents toinput into your business systems, but don’t want to invest heavily in newapplications?
- Are you a global organization looking to centralize the administration andmanagement of your fax operations?
- Has your company implemented a “green” initiative to reduce its carbonfootprint?
If you answered “yes” to one or more of these questions, it may be time toexplore a cloud-based or on-demand strategy that will improve your odds ofinformation exchange success.
Contact http://faxsolutions.opentext.com/to learn more.