This week I got to work on another chart formatting question. He wanted to know how to start a line chart on the y axis instead of set off to the side. To do this we can set the area format insets to make the chart look like this.
You can easily do this from the chart builder UI > Format Chart > Plot > Area Format. Here you can set the left inset to a negative value so the series will start on the y axis.
Giving the inset a negative value in 4.2 will result in an error, this can be ignored.
Some other posts worth taking a look at:
- Colored vertical bar on one side of the report
- Multiple Parameters not passed to sub report
- Who is viewing my report
Here are some unanswered posts from this week:
- Export to word/ppt problem on Mac OS
- Dual group in the same axis for 3D Charts
- Birt report – Display data in table if user has access
If you have a suggestion or solution for any of these, please post in the thread!
As the week comes to an end I hope everyone has a good week!