Chart your path in AI: How OpenText Magellan is unlocking the power of information

One of the big challenges for organizations today is how to realize the business value currently locked in the huge amounts of unstructured data being generated. Some experts claim as much as 80 percent of data collected by organizations is unstructured – information such as emails, social media feeds and documents.

At OpenText™ Enterprise World last year, our CEO and CTO Mark Barrenechea talked about this in the context of a Mundus Novus – a new world – of augmented intelligence where businesses face unprecedented challenges, including the demands of the millennial workforce, the relentless threat of cyberattack and new privacy and regulatory environments.

That’s why enterprises must use new technologies to unlock the power of information to become more intelligent and connected. With our AI and analytics platform, OpenText™ Magellan™, we are in a unique position to be able to help organizations harness that treasure trove of data by augmenting – not replacing – human capability.

At OpenText Enterprise World 2019 in Toronto on July 9-11, we will have a specific track for AI, analytics, business intelligence, and data science focused on providing an in-depth look at Magellan, including what’s new and what’s next.

AI projects can be daunting for organizations that are unsure where to start or how to measure success, and the AI & analytics learning path will show you how Magellan’s pre-packaged solutions, user-centric design and focused set of services, enables organizations to get started with AI, and achieve value faster operationalizing it across your enterprise.

Our dedicated series of breakout sessions within the AI & Analytics learning path will look at the new features in the latest release, Magellan 16.6; such as how we’re making it even easier to acquire the data needed to make AI possible through our new enterprise ETL tool, how we’re saving data scientist’s time through a new way to automate the testing and validation of machine learning models,; and how we’re improving the modern BI and unstructured data harnessing experience. We’ll also be exploring what’s next on the Magellan product roadmap.

Other sessions included in the AI & Analytics track at Enterprise World will investigate and showcase some of the real-world use cases of Magellan, including AI-augmented capture. From employee onboarding, new account opening, enterprise correspondence and more, we’ve all experienced pain points with capturing and processing documents. OpenText has combined the power of OpenText™ Captiva™ and Magellan to enable organizations to use AI to read, mine and unlock benefits from unstructured data. We’ll be showcasing how an image can be captured, uploaded, digitized and sent to Magellan, which then uses machine learning and natural language processing to extract the relevant information. This can be done with millions of documents, with over 80% of cases requiring zero human interaction, and the remaining 20% of more complex “edge” cases routed to an employee for more detailed analysis and processing.

Other use cases being showcased as part of the AI & Analytics track including maximizing operational output in industries such as manufacturing and oil & gas, how AI and analytics can enable what we call the “autonomous supply chain” and help organizations to schedule predictive maintenance to reduce costly downtime, proactive replenishment and pervasive visibility.

Another session focused on the financial services sector will show how banks are using machine learning and AI to better understand the new generation of millennial customers who are less loyal to one brand and not afraid to switch frequently. Using the technology, banks can recreate a hyper-personal experience by understanding the entire voice of the customer, and can better target them with the right products at the right time.

In addition to the AI & Analytics track and breakouts, you can get up close with Magellan and AI at our hands-on lab, where delegates will be able to interact live with Magellan.

We will be running over 200 breakout sessions at Enterprise World this July in Toronto. Visit our website for information on the specific Analytics sessions.

Join us at Enterprise World Toronto in July and find out more about how to get started with AI, extract greater value and insights from your data, and scale the benefits of an information advantage across your enterprise.

 

Zachary Jarvinen

Zachary is the Head of Technology Strategy for Analytics and Artificial Intelligence at OpenText. He previously worked at Global Fortune 500 Epson and the U.S. State Department, and was part of the 2008 Obama Campaign Digital Team. Zachary speaks fluent Spanish and Portuguese, and holds an MBA/MSc from UCLA and the London School of Economics.

Related Articles

Close