My CEO recently pointed out that current research predicts that by 2020, 60% of plant floor workers will work alongside automated assistance technologies. The pace and scale of technological change in manufacturing is stunning. And, it’s only getting bigger and faster. There has never been a more important time to join us at Enterprise World 2018 and I’d like to give you 6 great reasons why.
1. How can you make sure you’re maximizing the value in your data?
Whether digital (Industry 4.0 or smart manufacturing) or Geo-Political (Brexit or GDPR), disruption is everywhere for manufacturers. For those that seize it, this disruption is an opportunity for transformation. It enables organizations to re-define how they operate to improve processes and customer relationships, while introducing entirely new product lines and revenue streams. At the heart of everything is data. Releasing the value of data by transforming it into actionable information is where the leading manufacturer will win. We’ll look at the key challenges of turning disruptive data into the insight that will drive your business:
- Session Track: ‘Disruption or Transformation: Two Sides of the Same Coin for Manufacturers’ Tuesday 10th July 1:00 pm – 1:50 pm
2. Is a fully automated supply chain possible?
New disruptive technologies such as IoT, machine learning and Blockchain will potentially transform business operations over the next few years. Individually these technologies can offer companies many operational benefits, but when combined they stand to transform tomorrow’s supply chains. Combining technologies will enable a move towards the autonomous supply chain, which will be more self-aware, able to learn and adjust automatically to change in demand or market conditions. We’ll look at the technologies that will help introduce autonomous capabilities for tomorrow’s supply chains:
- Session Track: ‘How the Intelligent Business Network Will Empower the Autonomous Supply Chain’ Tuesday 10th July 2:00 pm – 2:50 pm
3. Secure Data Exchange: The core of effective collaboration
As automotive OEMs and the extended value chain move further toward digital transformation, it involves ever increasing collaboration with customers, partner and supplier. Secure data exchange – delivering the right information to the right people on the right devices – is an essential part of a modern manufacturer’s business. As the flow of data increases, so does the complexity of communication between all these companies, geographies, and time zones. We’ll look at how a secure, reliable business network facilitates data exchange on a global basis.
- Session Track: ‘Secure Data Exchange for Your Extended Value Chain’ Wednesday 11th July 1:00 pm – 1:50 pm
4. North Star BlueScope drills down on data
Better business decisions rely on actionable insight. Actionable insight relies on access to the relevant data. The question is which data is relevant? In the manufacturers’ world where the challenges of Big Data grow and grow, you need to be user that you’re using the right data. But how do you know? This is the question that Mike Nippo, Digital Technology Strategist at North Star Bluescope asked and he will be sharing some of the answers during this essential presentation.
- Session Track: ‘The 4Ds: Data, Dashboards and Drill Downs’ Wednesday11th July 1:00 pm – 1:50 pm
5. How is IoT revolutionizing manufacturing?
It’s been a big year for IoT and it’s only getting bigger. Research now suggests there will be 24 billion connected IoT devices by 2020. Craig Wentworth, Principal Analyst at MWD Advisors, has spent considerable time looking at this disruptive technology to see how it will impact tomorrow’s digital business. Where is the manufacturing industry heading with IoT? We’ll also look at how the OpenText Covisint IoT platform provides flexible, abstracted device modeling to allow for rapid go-to-market IoT solutions.
- Session Track: ‘IOT – What you need to know’ Thursday 12th July 9:00 am – 9:50 am
- Session Track: ‘IOT – Connecting digital ecosystems’ Thursday 12th July 2:00 pm – 2:50 pm
6. How secure is your digital supply chain?
Supply chains are evolving with new technologies like IoT and smart sensors, and machine-to-machine connections are forecasted to grow from 5 billion to 27 billion by 2024. All the people, systems and things in the supply chain are continually accessing your vital corporate data, which is creating significant security risks, like exposing sensitive data through endpoint security breaches. We’ll cover the benefits of a connected supply chain, as well as how to keep it secure using OpenText Covisint’s Identity and Access Management (IAM) platform.
- Session Track: ‘Securing the connected supply chain’ Thursday 12th July 2:00 pm – 2:50 pm
These are just a few of the 20 separate sessions of special interest for manufacturers that are taking place at Enterprise World 2018. There really is no other place where you can meet industry peers and OpenText technical solution and industry business experts. Register your place today.
Join us at Enterprise World 2018 to receive many benefits including:
- Learn how to optimize your OpenText deployments and get more value from your existing investment
- Tune your skills with tips, tricks and best practices to master your implementation
- Gain exclusive checklists, plans and strategies to use when you get back to work
- Learn how to plan and prepare for what’s next for you and your deployment
- Meet with manufacturing companies like yourself to network and discuss where you are on your digital transformation journey
- Join our ‘Deep Dive’ sessions where you can evaluate new product designs and collaborate with the OpenText Engineering and User Design teams
- Enjoy one-to-one time with OpenText professionals where you can discuss your specific EIM requirements
Explore our Industry Theater!
For the first time at Enterprise World, we have an Industry Theater running throughout the event. It will hold a series of presentations discussing solutions to challenges that are specific to your industry. There are some great manufacturing sessions. Don’t miss out!
Join us for lunch!
Want to get together and network with your industry peers? We’re holding a special lunch for especially for manufacturing companies on Wednesday 11th July. No reservation needs. Just look out for the clearly marked tables.