- Categories: Social Media
Open Text Social Communities (OTSC) is an innovative secure Social Business offering. This month we have released a new version, OTSC 8.2, which brings with it numerous enhancements.
First of all, I would like to acknowledge everyone who worked on this release, this includes the teams in Hyderabad, Austin and Richmond Hill. Great work and fantastic effort!
For me, this release signifies a significant maturing of the product. Customers will notice an enhanced ability to share, discover and connect, as well as a cleaner, better, and more responsive user experience.
With the modern workforce becoming increasingly global, hours becoming more flexible and working from home increasingly common. The Social Enterprise is becoming vital. This release will really help connect your people and bring out the productivity of your teams.
Specifically, OTSC 82 adds:
- Instant messaging and presence detection – helping you stay connected.
- Personal blogging - brining a more human element back to information sharing.
- Push notification and a more dynamic user interface – keeping you current on your enterprise activity.
- Improved activity streams – discover what’s happening around you in a consolidated view.
- Cleaner user interface - designed to encourage participation and increase adoption.
- Recent visitors display – discover who is interested in the content you create.
- Enhanced compliance through more comprehensive archiving and records management.
- Support for both “Follow” and “Friend” relationships – to make connections easier.
- Social search display – consolidating your search to display both people, content and communities.
OTSC 8.2 is just the start. The future of OTSC is bright.
We are committed to investing in Social to bring you the best most effective Social Solutions. Expect some exciting developments in near future.
Last updated Aug 13, 2012 at 1:44 PM GMT