ApplicationXtender is now part of OpenText. Like you, we’ve always known that ApplicationXtender was a jewel within the Dell EMC Enterprise Content Division, but now that we’re part of OpenText, it’s great hearing this validation from our new colleagues as well. If you’d like to know more about the ECD integration, we recommend you read Stephen Ludlow’s recent blog which will also point you to the recording of an interesting AIIM webinar.
OpenText invests in products and technologies that have the opportunity to address new markets and opportunities. ApplicationXtender fits into this category, offering a quick-to-implement and easy-to-use solution for companies and departments that don’t have the budget or IT support for a full-scale ECM implementation.
As early proof of this commitment, we just launched the first service pack for ApplicationXtender 8.1:
- Certification / Security for Microsoft Windows Server 2016, SQL Server 2016, and Microsoft Office 2016
- Image Capture Supportability update and PDF rendering performance enhancements
- Microsoft Office Integration Supportability update
- Cumulative Patches
If you are new to ApplicationXtender or haven’t moved to ApplicationXtender 8.x yet, you may want to know that ApplicationXtender is a scalable, cost-efficient document management solution, optimized for line-of-business content. With ApplicationXtender 8, we’ve started our mobile and cloud-first journey, with a long list of enhancements over previous versions. Take a look:
- Mobile-enabled, with an intuitive user interface, no plugins required
- Cloud-ready, for public, private or hybrid cloud deployment
- Easy to learn! Users can stay in their familiar business applications. They can easily view content without invoking the application that created them
- Rapid to deploy, requiring minimal IT involvement
- Based on open standards such as RESTful Services and HTML5
- Available in English, German, Simplified Chinese, Brazilian Portuguese, Spanish, French, Italian
We’re excited not only about this release of ApplicationXtender, but its future as well! Learn more about ApplicationXtender here. Existing customers current on maintenance can access the latest release of the software by visiting the Dell EMC Support site.