5 Ways Content Suite 16 EP2 Drives ECM Success
Today, OpenText released Enhancement Pack 2 (EP2) for OpenText™ Content Suite. These enhancements build on the revolutionary functionality introduced in last year’s launch of Content Suite 16. We’ve received overwhelmingly positive feedback from customers who have been quick to adopt Content Suite 16 for its intuitive Smart UI, Connected Workspaces for repeatable collaboration, and deep integrations to leading business applications.
This valuable feedback, along with validation from industry analysts such as Forrester, continues to reinforce that OpenText is on the right path in rethinking ECM. Enterprise content management is moving away from its traditional implementation as a monolithic, one-size-fits-all application toward providing a set of content services that can be used to build lightweight, discrete applications and embed ECM functionality into the applications that drive business.
Let’s take a look at 5 key areas where Content Suite 16 EP2 embraces this evolving vision of ECM:
1. Transforming the user experience and improving personal productivity by providing:
- An expanded set of collaboration tools, including a redesigned wiki that provides users with creative ways to author and collaborate
- A new Content Server Mobile application with its own Smart UI-based user experience
- A growing set of features optimized for ease of use are now available in the Smart UI including Records Management, Physical Objects, and Brava!
2. Strengthening integration with the productivity suites users work in every day:
- Office 365 Groups can now be integrated with Business Workspaces — users can view and access shared calendar items, notebooks, and conversations from an associated Office 365 Group directly in a Business Workspace in Content Suite
- Users can now open, edit and co-author Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents using Office Online directly from Content Suite
- Connected Workspaces are supercharged with a new Outlook Add-in to browse Business Workspaces and store content in Content Suite
Watch a demo of OpenText Content Suite EP2
3. Enhancing information flows and automating business processes by:
- Making it easy for users to start and participate in workflows from the Smart UI
- Providing more tools to tailor the Smart UI to business processes with the new Visual Data Widget — making it a snap for users to get to the info they need to make informed business decisions — and the new Carousel Widget, which presents the user with several “slides” of dynamic content in a single tile
- Offering a deeper level of customization with the new Content Server Smart UI SDK, which allows developers and administrators to quickly and easily tailor the new UI
- Strengthening the integration of ECM with lead applications via the OpenText Ecosystem products. Read this blog to learn more about what’s new in xECM for SAP EP2, xECM for SuccessFactors EP2, xECM for Salesforce EP, xECM for SharePoint EP2, xECM for Oracle EP2 and more
4. Improving control and governance with:
- Automated, case-based Records Management through Connected Workspaces to apply retention to entire workspaces
- New ways to intuitively use metadata, including the ability to add Source File Data from content automatically and make highly sensitive information more easily identifiable by exposing Security Level, Supplemental Marking, and other security metadata directly in an actively viewed document
5. Simplifying deployment, configuration, and maintenance on-premise or in the cloud:
- Administration capabilities are now split between System Administration and Business Administration, a model that helps distribute workload and reduce bottlenecks, providing business groups with the flexibility to configure applications to meet their specific needs without engaging IT
- System Center, an all-in-one application designed to provide a unified approach to managing OpenText products, has been enhanced to simplify access to product information, deployment, and patching management and has been optimized to run Cloud Services
There’s no better time to upgrade than now!
OpenText provides a full range of services to help your organization successfully take advantage of EP2. Speak with an Upgrade Expert from the OpenText Professional Services team about a free, 1-2 day upgrade assessment. Or visit Upgrade Central for resources to get you started (customer login required). No matter which path you choose, you can count on OpenText to help with your upgrade and deployment process.
Get the Whole Picture at Enterprise World 2017
These are just a few of the highlights of Content Suite 16.2. We invite you to join us at Enterprise World 2017 to experience more. Every Enterprise World offers unique learning opportunities you can’t get anywhere else, including the opportunity to share knowledge with other OpenText customers just like you.
This year, we’re all looking forward to a number of engaging customer sessions including one with Black Sea Trade and Development Bank (BSTDB) who will share how their upgrade to Content Suite 16 is driving adoption, applying consistent metadata across disparate information repositories, automating processes, and generating better insight through integrated reporting and monitoring tools.
In addition, our Professional Services team and Product Managers will be hosting a variety of sessions highlighting new features and detailing upgrading best practices. And the always-popular Expo returns with hands-on demos and opportunities to get one-on-one answers to your questions. Don’t miss it!